The Grainstore is a luxury bed and breakfast nestled in the heart of the picturesque village of Hinton St Mary, in the county of Dorset. This charming 17th-century Grade II-listed building has been converted from a former grain store where grain was once stored to a comfortable and stylish retreat.
The Grainstore is a popular destination for travelers who seek comfortable surroundings, tranquillity and some of the finest homegrown and locally sourced foods. The property is not only a popular destination for tourists, but also locals who love good food.
The accommodation is truly breathtaking, with five spacious and elegantly decorated en-suite bedrooms that offer breathtaking views of the Dorset countryside. Each room is thoughtfully and individually designed with luxurious touches such as plush king-size beds disguised by crisp white Egyptian cotton bed linen, flat-screen televisions, and tea and coffee-making facilities.
The Grainstore’s classic country kitchen is a focal point of the property where guests can enjoy a cooked breakfast or a freshly made afternoon tea while looking out on to the pretty gardens. Breakfast and dinner are prepared using the finest, locally sourced ingredients, such as Dorset red beef, which guarantees each dish is packed with flavour and a true taste of the region.
The Grainstore is ideally located for those wishing to explore the surrounding areas of Dorset. The village of Hinton St Mary is home to a 12th-century Norman church, picturesque walks and cycling routes making it the perfect destination for lovers of the outdoors. The historic town of Sherborne, which boasts a wealth of attractions, including Sherborne Castle, which was built by Walter Raleigh, is just a short drive away.
In conclusion, The Grainstore is an idyllic destination for those looking for a quintessential British countryside stay. The combination of luxurious accommodation, fine dining, and picturesque surroundings make this the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of modern-day life.
Good and bad things
The Grainstore is a popular location in Dorset that offers visitors a unique holiday experience. Here are some of its good and bad points:
1. Beautiful Location: The Grainstore is located in a stunning location, surrounded by picturesque countryside views that are perfect for nature walks and cycling.
2. Unique Accommodation: The Grainstore features unique holiday apartments that have all the amenities you’ll need for a comfortable stay.
3. Modern Amenities: The accommodation here is modern and well-appointed, with all the latest amenities and features like a fully-equipped kitchen, comfortable beds, and an en-suite bathroom.
4. Peace and Serenity: The Grainstore is a great place to relax and unwind, away from the crowds and noise of the city.
5. Good Value for Money: The accommodation here is reasonably priced, making it an excellent option for budget-conscious travelers.
1. Remote Location: The Grainstore is located in a somewhat remote area, so you’ll need to have your own transportation or rely on a taxi to get around. There aren’t many shops or amenities nearby.
2. Limited Activities: While there are plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy here, there isn’t much to do in terms of indoor entertainment or shopping.
3. Internet Connection: The internet connection can be spotty at times, so if you’re reliant on good internet access, this may be a concern.
4. Lack of Staff Assistance: The Grainstore is largely a self-catering accommodation, so there is limited staff assistance if you need any help or advice during your stay.
5. Limited Dining Options: There are no on-site restaurants or cafes here, so you’ll need to bring your own food or venture out to nearby restaurants.
Overall, The Grainstore is a unique holiday experience that offers plenty of peacefulness and beautiful views, but it does have some limitations in terms of dining options and staff assistance.